Jul 29, 2017

JULY HIGHLIGHTS || {books, writing, blogging and happiness, peeps}

Hi, peeps! Hope you're doing fine!!

So... July was alright. It was about holidays and chill, so i deeply appreciated it for that. But i'm kind of glad it's over, because i'm really excited for August to come. Not only because it's the month of my birthday (yeeeyy!!), but because good things are coming.

My reading month has had some ups and downs, really. I began devouring books during the first days of July, and then lowered my pace. In total, i read 9 books this month! YEY!

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (Strange the Dreamer #1) ★★★★★
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic #2) ★★★★
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices #2) ★★★★★
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera ★★
Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (Rebel of the Sands #2) ★★★★
A Torch against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (An Ember in the Ashes #2) ★★★
Hunted by Meagan Spooner ★★
A Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez ★★★★
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic #3) ★★★★★

I'd like to recommend you the Shades of Magic series for this month. Seriously, peeps, those books and mind-blowing. Amazing and beautiful. And i could go on all day talking about them. Fantastic worldbuilding, a unique plot and gorgeous characters. Seriously, go check those books out!!

There weren't much bookish releases i was interested in during the month of July, really. Maybe that's why i'm also excited about the months to come and the books they'll bring, you know?

SO. Book writing, huh?

July was the time for Camp NaNo again!! I didn't participate this time -- though i did during April -- but i do hope you all had a great time. Well, i know writing often involves frustration as well, so i hope everything turned out alright in the end.

Regarding my writing life, i did write every single day during those past two weeks. I began a new project! Cheers to that! *i guess*

It's been only thirteen days since i first started and my current word count is at 30.1k. SO EXCITING!!

This is the second novel i write, you know? It'd be the third, actually, but the first one (which i wrote during NaNo in 2016) is currently abandoned and left aside. Probably never to be edited xD. So i often forget about it. 

Anyway. This is the third novel i write. Somehow, i feel this one is THE ONE. It's more serious. With my previous book, Burden of Stars, i just wrote things and created a great character-driven story. This time, however, i'm plotting and planning a lot. It's not about me writing a book anymore. It's about me getting the story right. Meaning: stress and happiness and frustration and excitement.

My #workinprogress doesn't have a title YET. What can I tell you about it? Well, it's a YA fantasy read with witty characters and lots of magic. And monsters! Yup <3 I'll surely tell you more about it with time.
I plan to be around here a lot more now. I know i haven't been posting regularly and from now on things are gonna change. I'll be more active and wandering around the blogging/writing world a lot. So here we go!

By the way, i've opened an instagram account for the blog (and myself), so go follow me at @everthebookish.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the books you recommended-the cover art is beautiful! Plus, you make them sound really awesome!!!
    Good luck on your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so cool Juls! I loved hearing about you month and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! <3
    Also I tagged you for the character karaoke tag! :) Since your WIP sounds so cool I can imagine how cool the answers to your tag would be :)You can check it out down below at this link
    http://worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com/2017/07/character-karaoke-tag-music-meets-my-wip.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy with witty characters and monsters? I wanna hear more about this untitled WIP!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh your new WIP sounds great! I'm excited to hear more about it soon. :D And I followed you on Instagram... ;) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wrote 30.1 k words in thirteen days!!!
    That rocks!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete