Jun 16, 2017

#TheVoicesOfYA TAG

Okaaay, peeps!! So, no one actually tagged me to do this but i guess i'm doing this anyway because, yeah, i love tags!!


What draws you to YA?

Most of all, the fact that i'm a young adult xD However, it's not only about that. It's about the voice. The voices those books have are meaningful. They have the power to change lives and worlds and minds. Young adult voices are the ones of those who dream... those who want to tell stories they know are powerful. And that power draws me to these books. Because they do have the ability to change things and they're the ones i can truly feel connected to.

Describe your writing process. Do you like outlines and structure, or seeing where the story takes you? 

To begin with, i outline. I actually suck at planning -- specially the part of getting down to do it once and for all -- and i'm more of a panster. Still, i know my writing works better once i have planned things, so eventually i get myself to plot everything.
Still, i always like seeing where the story takes me and i leave a great room for that. I outline the general idea, but i don't go into details. I don't know, i guess i work better with my inspiration alone, and not with a couple of written notes.

How long have you been writing? Where are you in your journey?

I've been writing since... forever, i guess? Yeah, pretty much forever. I wrote my first book at the age of 14 and my second one at 15. Now, i'm editing this second novel and i think i'm gonna try get it published. But who knows...

Where am i in my journey? Getting started? I honestly have no idea. I'm not a beginner, that's for sure.

What do you need to write? Coffee? Music?

Definitely tea! Sorry, i'm not the coffee type xD Please don't kill me for being such a weirdo hahah but i prefer tea over coffee. So yes, I need a cup of coffee and my notes. And music! But it can't be any kind of music. Nope. It has to be some kind of soundtrack appropiate for the story.

If you could offer one piece of advice to another writer (OTHER THAN “don’t give up”), what would it be?

Write. That's the most important one of all. And believe -- believe in your dreams and in your own voice. BECAUSE IT MATTERS. People can tell you what writing a book is like and how the whole process is, but nobody can get you the whole picture. Not really. Only you can get the idea of writing a book by yourself, and only by the action of writing. So write. Write because you have a story to tell and it's worth it.

And read! Reading is the key to being a good writer.

What book still has you reeling from its plot twist? (*no spoilers please*)

"A Court of Wings and Ruin" by Sarah J. Maas

What books are you most anticipating for this year?

"A Court of Wings and Ruin" was actually my most anticipated read for 2017, but i'm also dying to read "Lord of Shadows" by Cassandra Clare <3

In your opinion, which YA book/series has the most unique premise?

Okay this is a very hard question!! There are so many unique books out there that i can't only choose one! However, i'll have to go for "Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo. GO READ THAT NOVEL NOW!!!

What is your all-time favorite quote from YA lit?

Eaaaaassyyyy one !! Most people have trouble choosing only one book quote, but i know perfectly well which one is my all time favorite:

"To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
"To the stars who listen -- and the dreams that are answered."



What book do you most hope will have a movie adaption?

Idk... Maybe "Iluminae" de Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Though adaptations give me the creeps hahah as i hate it when movies aren't loyal to the books.

I wasn't tagged to do this, so do feel free to do this tag if you want !!!

8 comments:

  1. YAY. You did this tag! :D It's a great way to meet other YA writers.

    omw your bit of advice gives me shivers! It's so beautiful! And that quote... wow, I loved reading your answers!

    <3
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey!!
      Hahah yup! It defintiely is!! Idk, nobody tagged me, but it's always great for us to get to know each other, so yeah!!
      Hahahah thaaaanks! GLAD YOU LIKED IT!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome answers! I'd also love to see Illuminae as a movie, especially as it's such a visual book. (And ahhhhh I love the quote! I need to get around to reading that book soon!) Thanks for sharing your wonderful advice! :D

    Sincerely, Melissa <3
    melissagravitis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa !!!
      Yup! Illuminae made up into a movi would be soooo greaaat. I'm not sure about how that would go for the market and stuff, but it would be so entertaining... Yes! Exactly!!
      Hahah glad u liked it!! It's my fave book quote ever so, yeah, i love it with all my heart!! HOPE YOU READ IT SOON! IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!
      Thank YOU for reading! ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love this and how you put everything so clearly, your advice was really simple yet so profound. <3
    And the quote Arya AHHHH I LOVE THE QUOTE.

    xox

    Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna!!!
      Aawwww thanks!! GLAD YOU LIKED IT !! This means a lot to me!!
      Thanks for reading!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Having Illuminae as a movie adaptation would make me so freakishly happy, but downright terrified (because one, adapatations are either a hit or miss, and two, how will they depict the infected????). *shudders*

    I'm also a tea person, so don't feel ashamed! Coffee is just way too strong sometimes.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! It'd be so greaaaat <3
      Hahahah
      xox

      Delete